‘The World at my Feet’, by Catherine Isaac


Thank you, Simon & Schuster, and NetGalley for a copy of The World at my Feet by Catherine Isaac.

NOW. THAT. WAS. FANTASTIC. Wow, what a book. I admire and absolutely love Catherine’s novels, have done ever since I stumbled across her first book written as Jane Costello and this just blew my socks off. 

First things first, about the book: 

1990. Harriet is a journalist. Her job takes her to dangerous places, where she asks questions and tries to make a difference. But when she is sent to Romania, to the state orphanages the world is only just learning about, she is forced to rethink her most important rule. 

2018. Ellie is a gardener. Her garden is her sanctuary, her pride and joy. But, though she spends long days outdoors, she hasn’t set foot beyond her gate for far too long. Now someone enters her life who could finally be the reason she needs to overcome her fears.

From post-revolution Romania to the idyllic English countryside, The World at My Feet is the story of two women, two worlds, and a journey of self-discovery that spans a lifetime.

This story was just stunning, and catches my breath each time I think about it. The characters were loveable, it had all the perfects elements to a great book.  Full of courage, love, despair, with poignant themes and all the emotions you can imagine. One minute I was laughing, then crying, my heart swelled with joy and crashed with sadness. It was beautiful and extremely interesting. No, it was fascinating!! I loved that it gripped me from the first page which set the scene and built to a terrific crescendo. 

Perfect, just perfect 5 out of 5. 

This is out on 18th March 2021. 




Comments

Popular Posts